Thank you, Headbanger’s Kitchen, for helping me enjoy those cans of crab meat I recently bought.
The best thing about this recipe is that it brings a very different flavor palette to my keto repertoire from the traditional keto plate.
Uncharacteristically, Sahil Makhija actually uses keto-hostile breadcrumbs. I substituted a bit of almond flower. The recipe is terribly trivial, and he list of ingredients probably uses things you’ve already got in the fridge:
- 2 cans Geisha Wild Caught Fancy Crab Meat, 6 oz each
- 1/2 egg (yes, half; a whole egg makes it, well, eggy-tasting)
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp any mustard that you like
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp parsley (fresh, optional)
- hot sauce (very optional)
- 4 tbsp Butter (into the pan)
Combine everything except the parsley and butter into a mixing bowl while you heat up your pan on medium heat. Stir until it’s combined. Sahil use a cookie round to shape the crab cakes; I just spooned the mixture onto the browning butter. Keep an eye on the progress of browning, flip when satisfied. Enjoy!